Thursday 16 February 2012

Breakfast at THE Breakfast Club

Today I treated myself to a leisurely breakfast. And where better a place but The Breakfast Club.
This small chain of cafes in London has become known for its trendy, shabby chic vibe and large plates of filling food ranging from burgers and burritos to sausage mash and pie.

The breakfast menu is just as diverse and I was hard pushed to make a choice. Stuck in my greedy thinking between the following for a good fantasy filled 10minutes....
  • Huevos Ranchos- a tortilla with refried beans, guacamole, chorizo, sour cream and eggs
  • Breakfast Burrito- with salsa, cheese, chorizo, eggs, sour cream and guacamole
  • Pancakes with maple syrup banana and bacon
  • Toast with lime, guacamole, chilli, poached egg and crispy bacon 
I pulled in the expertise of the staff. Between the choices, the funky waitress recommended the later if I was to have bacon, and if not then the Breakfast Burrito. I don't need to be told twice to eat bacon so I accepted her selection.

So I tried something very different for breakfast and it was fantastic! Fresh, not too heavy and very tasty. One consideration for the chef, there was an awful lot of avocado which may have overpowered everything. Perhaps one more egg instead would balance everything? The bacon really completed this dish as it would have been less exciting without.
Now all I need to do it head back there to try everything else. YUMMY


No comments:

Post a Comment