Thursday 16 February 2012

Mercado- mexican market food

Mercado restaurant was the venue for a catch up with my cousin Tilly. A girly night out so cocktails were in order as an aperitif. The menu is  substantial with cocktails based around Mexican spirits as is to be expected, classic cocktails also appear. Usually I opt for a nice Margarita but thought I would branch out and go for a chili version a bit of fire doesn’t frighten me! My cousin went for a mango daiquiri which the lovely keen bar staff got wrong, bringing her a strawberry one instead. Needless to say this was on the house and we were beaming. My cocktail pictured above was spicy and delicious. Fruity, yet spicy. The glass rim did burn a fair bit, so it is not for the timid.


Being a little greedy and excited by the gorgeous menu we ordered nachos. Standard fare, but smothered in a gorgeous cheesy mole sauce, salsa, refried beans, guacamole and sour cream, plus the order was wrong again but this time we had free chicken. What’s not to like here! (Unless you are a vegetarian in which case you have a major problem.)

A warning you do not need a starter if you are having a main, delicious as it was, I should have worn something with an elasticated waist. For mains we both ordered burritos. One last mistake by the waitress meant I had minced beef in mine instead of steak strips but… I was easy going that night and it was scrumptious.
Filling, spicy, and very GOOD
http://mercado-cantina.co.uk/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment